Song of the day: Las Ketchup- The Ketchup Song (Asereje)
Let’s talk about the Sugarhill Gang with their big disco hit Rapper’s Delight. And now you think: Chris has definitely lost his mind. But no. I have not lost my mind. I just want to talk about a few lines in this song:
- I said a hip, hop, the hippie
- to the hip-hip-hop, a you don’t stop
- the rock it to the bang bang boogie say up jumped the boogie
- to the rhythm of the boogie, the beat
- Those lyrics have to do with the song of the day. These are the famous words in the chorus of the Ketchup Song. The chorus is the Spanish translation of those lines above, making it:
- Aserejé ja de jé de jebe
- tu de jebere sebiunouva
- majabi an de bugui
- an de buididipí
- So now you know how they invented these stick-to-mind lyrics. But where did they get their name from?
Easy! Their father had the nickname “El Tomato”. The tomato. And what can you make with tomatoes? Yes, ketchup! So…
- Las Ketchup- The Ketchup Song
Posted on July 29, 2013, in 2000-2009, FlinterFiles Song Archive and tagged 2002, asereje, chorus, disco, el tomato, FlinterFiles Song Archive, ketchup song, las ketchup, Music, rapper's delight, sugarhill gang, summer, tomato. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.